Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Decking the Halls Part VIII

I promised that I'd show you my breakfast room tablescape and here it is.

On this table I used double placemats---not sure that's what they are called, but they aren't regular sized placemats and they aren't runners.  They are stretched across the table and serve as placemats for two table settings.  Then I start layering...
1.  pewter chargers
2.  white buffalo china dinner plate
3.  red ornament-shaped dessert plate placed atop a red linen napkin
4.  mini red christmas stockings hold silverware
5.  cranberry red stemmed glassware, water and wine
6.  as a centerpiece, I used a Christmas tree made from berries, two wood pedestal candleholders with ivory candles, and mini tart pans turned into place card holders.
7.  each chair has a small grapevine wreath tied to its back, and its adorned with a red and green plaid bow and has an ornament hanging in its center.

We have an open floor plan, so the breakfast room, den/living room and dining room all share the same space.  Between the breakfast room and living room, I have a baby grand piano.  I always decorate the top of the piano for Christmas.  This year I used Santas as my focus, then added sleighs, reindeer, deer antlers, evergreen trees and even a few snowmen.  Beneath it all is a white sheet, LED lights and a vintage lace tablecloth spread over it all to mimic snow.  



How do you decorate your table at Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment