Monday, December 14, 2015

Decking the Halls Part V

The item in the home that renders the most dramatic statement during Christmas isn't always the Christmas tree.  Take the chandelier for example.  I decorate the one in my dining room as well as the one in my breakfast room every year, but they seldom look the same from one year to the next.  Here's my dining room chandelier last year...


The chandelier itself has a rustic finish and the shades are a warm gold linen.  I used gold beaded star ornaments and hung them from the arms of the chandelier.  Then I took gold beaded garland and wove it through the chandelier's arms.  This year I used many of the same elements, but added evergreen garland, pinecones sprinkled with gold glitter and pearl beaded birds.


The chandelier in my breakfast room is adorned with more casual Christmas embellishments.  I used green evergreen garland and wove it through the chandelier's arms, hung ceramic and wood bird ornaments from the arms, hung a large red metal ball from the center, and for added color, I tucked clusters of red berries amongst the evergreen garland.


What creates the most dramatic statement in your Christmas decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment