Thursday, December 3, 2015

Deck the halls!

I love Christmas and each year usually decorate four or five Christmas trees throughout my house.  Even the kitchen receives its own special tree.  This one stands about three feet tall and is decorated with cookie cutters.  Some of the cutters are tied with ribbon, others are simply draped over a branch. A large bow of the same ribbon design adorns the top of the tree.  The base for the tree is a wooden drum planter I picked up at a thrift shop.  


If  you look closely, you can see that I used the same pattern ribbon on the glass cabinet doors flanking my kitchen sink.  A garland of gingerbread men hang across the window over the kitchen sink.  Each one represents a member of our family.  Here's a closer shot of the 'present-wrapped' glass cabinet doors.


I only decorated one tree in our den this year.  Sometimes I put up two.  This year the decorations are all done in red and white.

Christmas trees are beautiful from a distance, but I love to get up close and discover all the treasures hidden within the tree's branches.  Look at this for example...


How precious is that?!  A red birdhouse with a snow-flocked roof, and with a cardinal clipped to the stick just below the bird house opening.  I love to incorporate the unexpected in my decor, and I also love to find ways to use things in unexpected ways!  Look at this for example...


Obviously, it's a beaded poinsettia, and really adds sparkle to my tree.  But it's actually a napkin ring!  Over the years, I've  bought several packages of napkin rings at after Christmas sales.  They aren't all alike, of course, but what does it matter since I'm using them as Christmas ornaments on my tree?

What special or unusual items do you use as ornaments in your Christmas tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment