Friday, December 4, 2015

Decking the halls Part II

What is Christmas without children?  I've been blessed with two precious granddaughters. One turned three a few months ago. The second will turn three in February. They have added a whole new element to Christmas joy. Indulge me a moment...


This picture was taken last year. The one is front is Lily, the now three-year old. My great-niece Charley is behind her and attempting to corral Caleigh, the now two-year old. All three girls are decked out in Santa tulle dresses. I saw a pic of this dress on Pinterest and knew I had to recreate it. My attempt doesn't measure up to the original, but the girls didn't mind and they looked darned cute in them!  After the family Christmas party, I put one of the dresses on a vintage Patty Playmate doll and they became a part of my Christmas decor.


This photo captured another one of my Christmas traditions. I always place my children's rocking chairs near the tree. Granddaughter Cakeigh is actually sitting in her mother's childhood rocking chair   And before you ask, yes, I save everything!  When the rocker isn't in use by a grandchild, it usually holds a stuffed Santa or teddy bear.


And who can resist displaying their grandchildren's art?!  This was another Pinterest find. We painted the bottoms of the girls' feet sort of in the shape of a Christmas tree then added a few embellishments. These were made last Christmas and this year the girls loved putting their feet against their 'old' footprints and seeing how much they've grown. These footprint canvases hang next to the fireplace. 

How do you incorporate treasures from the past into your present decorating scheme?

No comments:

Post a Comment