Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Demolition continues...

In reviewing pictures for this post, I ran across a couple of Melanie swinging the hammer.  And I had to share.  To truly appreciate these pics, you need to know that she HATES ladders.  She'll climb up two, maybe three steps, then she starts hyperventilating!  I find this hilarious because she's the toughest, most independent woman I've ever known, yet LADDERS freak her out.  Sorry, Mel, but it's too funny not to share.



Please notice that she's on the second rung.   But I digress.  Back to demolition...

At the rear of the interior was a very tiny bathroom and an old closet built to house the central heat and air unit.  Both had to go.  The bathroom will remain but the square footage will be increased.  The closet is toast.  Phil Herring got in on the demo and he has brute strength!  This is him tearing out the central heat and air closet.

This is a pic of the bathroom.  So small that I couldn't even get a really good picture.  Like I said, it's toast.

My family teases me and calls me a hoarder.  I'd like to say they are all fabricators of the truth--in other words, they're liars.  But I truly am a hoarder.  My condition hasn't reached the level where you'll see me on a TV show buried in debris.  Not yet, anyway.  But my family will also tell you that if they need something, they come to me.  I usually have it.  The next pic is a perfect example.  I needed more than simply a sink in the restroom.  I often need to wash items that I purchase from estate sales, so I needed a kitchen-like sink.  I also wanted a vintage sink.  Something new just wouldn't do.  Not for the Cow Palace.  I found the perfect sink on Craigslist.  A quick trip to Austin with Melanie and it was ours.  Then we had to find something to set the sink in.  

Hoarder alert!  The buffet in the picture below is a family piece, the buffet I grew up with in my family's dining room.  My mother gave it to my younger sister years ago.  Last year my sister called me and said it was time to let it go.  A drawer had broken, one of the doors didn't close well, plus her husband had dropped the mirrored piece that attaches to the back and broken it.  If I didn't want it, she was going to pitch it.  My reply?  "Noooooooo!  Bring it to me!!"  It sat in my barn for a year, patiently waiting for that moment when it's services were needed again.  And they were!  The sink and the buffet were a perfect fit.  As if it was meant to be!

I love that a part of my mom will be in my shop.  She understood my hoarding.  I think she may even have applauded it.  In fact, I bet she's probably smiling down on 211 Main right about now.  

1 comment:

  1. Pragmatic Play: Slot machines, video poker, blackjack
    Pragmatic Play, a leading 천안 출장안마 content provider to the iGaming industry, today announced 사천 출장안마 that 여수 출장마사지 it has entered 경상남도 출장안마 into a new 김제 출장샵 online

    ReplyDelete