Thursday, July 20, 2017

Next up...Stefanie Brooks, aka Phishstuff

Stefanie Brooks plays with fire.  Literally.  Using a method known as lampworking, Stef creates beads from glass to use in many of her designs.  A midwestern gal, she now lives in Florence, where she continues to craft beautiful things from a deeply rooted desire to express her creativity.  She continually expands her use of color, material, inspiration, and skill in glass bead making, metal craftsmanship, and construction to integrate new techniques and looks.

I first met Stef when she visited Cow Palace's previous location and immediately sensed I'd made a new friend.  She displayed her jewelry, beads, letter openers and push pins at our very first Ladies' Night Out, then returned for another event to demonstrate the art of lampworking.  Besides her jewelry designs, I happen to know she is also an avid crocheter and I'm trying to convince her to bring some of her rugs to Cow Palace, as I know there are a lot of folks who would enjoy owning one of her textile creations.

Here's a sample of some of Stef's work.  If you notice the quality of the photography is better than my usual attempts, it's because I stole the pics from her website.  Sorry, Stef!






To see more of her work, stop by Cow Palace, or you can also visit her website www.phishstuff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment